When the doctor himself knew that he had breast cancer



"Like many other women, I did not check my breast. I thought it was not happening in my case-I'm a breast cancer surgeon".

Liz O'Rearden says the words. After being diagnosed with her breast cancer, who have been trained for a long time in the profession, she is forced to leave.

In 2015, at the age of 40, he had to do mastectomy (removal of the breast through surgery) and he had to undergo this disease again in May.

Doctor O'Rearden thought that he could continue to work as a surgeon for twenty years, but he only worked for a couple of years.

The attack on the second stage of cancer hampered the shoulder of his shoulders and forced to make a decision to "mentally tough".

Before the diagnosis of cancer, Dr. O'Rearnedan felt like a wheel, and he was heading towards the cyst, where a mammogram report, just six months earlier, showed that his breasts were completely healthy.

But when another trunk was made, he went through scanning on his mother's request.

The dweller of Suffolk knew that he needed medical care for his fast cure.

At first, he became "panicky" and he began to wander around several questions.

"I saw the scan and knew that my breasts would be removed, I also knew that I would probably need chemotherapy because I was young at the age and had a good idea about how my chances of surviving ten years and in less than a second, there were so many thoughts in the head.

She wondered how she would share her with her husband and parents, as a cancer surgeon, to stop being a cancer surgeon and to become just a patient.

Although he himself knew what happened inside the body of cancer, there was no sense about how bad his experience really was.

"I know what it is like to say that someone has breast cancer, but I did not know that by pressing the lips, covering the eyes, passing through the clinic, waiting, reaching the car through the hospital corridor and then crying."

After talking to her husband Dermat, she decided to declare the matter between her 1500 Twitter followers, who liked her for baking, triathlon, and her career.

"How do I have to adapt to cancer?" My patients told me. When you are taking high steroids, someone is awake at three o'clock in the morning to talk to you. "

Social media is associated with those who are in the care of those who are in the medical profession, and since then they have opened a WhatsApp group with the doctors of this disease.

After the first round of his cancer treatment, Doctor O'RearDan Surgeon went back to work at the Hospital Ipswich Hospital. He said that he could not understand how it would be "challenging emotional".

He thought he could help people differently after cancer was attacked.

"It was the most difficult task by me, when you are telling bad news to anybody and telling a woman that they have cancer in their body, it is very difficult in any way but I can remember when we were hearing the news and how shocked I and my husband were I see it clearly.

"You have to be associated with someone who is going through the same experience - but I could not because they were my patients".

He also said, "After my maternity surgery, I was suffering from severe pain and occasional operation because I was very careful because I thought that I would be the cause of pain that I have and because I wanted to do surgery, it was very difficult."

Doctor O'Rearadan's cancer comes back in 2015. Due to acute pain, it is detected in a scan made before its reconstructed breast surveillance.

As a result, the second dose radiotherapy in the same place is given "which is rarely done".

He was warned that he might not be able to handle his arm later, but if he did not do the surgery then his results would have been zero.

The final result was more harmful. Fibrosis and tethering of soft tissues reduce the movement of their shoulders and it means that the strength of the arm is reduced.

He said that for the second time, his employer tried all kinds of assistance to take forward his career.

"I have taken intensive physiotherapy, I met an orthopedic surgeon because I had a lot to say," I have spent 20 years in my life, degree and Ph.D., after examinations and after all the courses to be a proficient professional in my favorite matters. I can not do that again. "

I was able to do all the work in daily life but safely - it is never again - said O'Riyardan.

The risk of cancer coming back more than ever before.

Interestingly, he is now advising the people to go back to work after cancer is diagnosed.

Her husband is a consultant surgeon. O'RearDan says that he is fortunate enough that he has a lot of peace and does not have to work as a paid person.

He has recently been working as a volunteer ambassador for Social Enterprises Working with Cancer. They were assisted by advice and advice when they returned to work in 2017.

However, he is faced with various physical complexes- "I am still very tired and trying to get my brain back to work again."

From his experience, he said, "I have never realized that if someone is cancer, then you will be classified as legally disabled according to the Equality Act and your employer will have to make reasonable adjustments to get you back to work."

Many people become cancerous after getting cancer, but finding the right way can be unimaginable, and many recruitment authorities do not know how cancer patients can help or what to do.

He told that most of the trainers in Working With Cancer have cancer and they know about rights, and they create workers and employers.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.